Stop the blabla: concretely, when you are on a diet, what should you eat in the morning to lose weight? We take stock.
I am on a diet: what should I eat in the morning to lose weight?
When you want to lose weight, the ideal breakfast is first and foremost satiating. The goal: start the day with a full stomach to avoid snacking before lunch (which is devastating for the line!).
” For people who want to lose weight, I recommend a protein- based breakfast , recommends Raphaël Gruman, dietitian-nutritionist. Because these large molecules are digested more slowly, you will not want to snack before lunch. in addition, proteins help to maintain your muscle mass which in the long run, increases your metabolism, that is to say the number of calories burned at rest. the protein breakfast participates so weight loss! “
The ideal breakfast to lose weight according to Raphaël Gruman consists of 2 eggs (” in the form you want “) + 1 slice of ham (” no need to take the light “) + 1 piece of cheese (” rather hard dough because it is to be consumed without bread “) + 1 hot drink without sugar.
Some slimming breakfast ideas:
- 2 boiled eggs + 1 roll of turkey ham + 1 piece of emmental cheese + 1 coffee,
- 2 fried eggs + 1 slice of chicken breast + 1 piece of Comté + 1 green tea,
- 2 omelet eggs + 1 nice pinch of Swiss cheese + 1 slice of crumbled ham + 1 infusion,
- 2 soft-boiled eggs + 1 chiffonade of ham + 1 piece of morbier + 1 bowl of hot milk.
” For the detox side, I advise you to start your breakfast with a glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach … but that does not please everyone! ” Adds the specialist.
I don’t want to get fat: what light breakfast for me?
You do not particularly want to lose weight but you still want to keep the line? This time, the dietitian-nutritionist recommends a protein breakfast … pleasure version!
” For a balanced breakfast but not specifically focused on” weight loss “, we will add a portion of carbohydrates to the detriment of a portion of protein, explains Raphaël Gruman. We obtain a satisfying and non-snacking breakfast (thanks protein) but also greedy and anti-frustration (thanks to carbohydrates). “
The ideal breakfast to keep the line according to Raphaël Gruman consists of 2 slices of bread (wholemeal or cereal, about 50 grams) + 1 portion of protein (30 to 40 grams either 1 egg or 1 piece of cheese or 1 slice ham) + 1 portion of fruit (150 grams) + 1 hot drink without sugar.
Some ideas for a light breakfast:
- 2 slices of cereal bread cut into “mouillettes” + 1 boiled egg + 2 clementines + 1 coffee,
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread + 1 fresh cheese spread + 1 sliced pear + 1 green tea,
- 2 cereal rolls + 1 roll of white ham + 1 peach compote with no added sugar + 1 infusion,
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread + 1 scrambled egg + 1 bunch of grapes + 1 cup of tea.
” You can start your breakfast with a glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach for the detox effect ” adds the specialist. Why not !
Slimming breakfast: 5 traps to avoid
- To lose weight or (simply) to keep your figure, we will avoid foods that are too sweet for breakfast: ” I do not recommend white bread , sliced bread and brioche bread which are both too sweet (they promote fat storage) and too low in fiber (therefore not very satiogenic) “explains Raphaël Gruman.
- What to think of the (traditional) toast of buttered bread? ” From a nutritional point of view, it is interesting … but it does not” hold “in the long term, says the specialist. If you want to avoid snacking before lunch, it is better to start on a protein basis. “
- Watch out for “slimming false friends”! ” A fruit juice (even squeezed by hand and without added sugar) remains much too sweet: in a glass, you will have the equivalent of the sugar of 3 oranges … without the fibers, therefore without the satiety . If you have really want fruit in the morning, opt for fresh fruit instead! “
- Hyper-trends on Instagram, protein powders are not recommended by the dietitian-nutritionist: ” they are difficult to dose, often expensive and do not bring the same benefits as” natural “proteins: I prefer to recommend a slice of ham , a piece of cheese, an egg, a yogurt … It’s healthier. “
- Any last advice? ” Once a week, you can treat yourself to a” pleasure “breakfast with bread, jam, honey , cereals … Going on a diet should not become synonymous with punishment. ” Message received!