Stop the blah: concretely, when you are on a diet, what should you eat in the morning to lose weight? We take stock.
I am on a diet: what should I eat in the morning to lose weight?
When you want to lose weight, the ideal breakfast is first of all filling. The goal: to start the day with a full stomach to avoid pre-lunch snacking (which is devastating for the figure!).
” For people who want to lose weight, I recommend a protein- based breakfast , recommends Raphaël Gruman, dietitian-nutritionist. Because these large molecules are digested more slowly, you will not want to snack before bedtime. lunch. in addition, proteins help to maintain your muscle mass which in the long run, increases your metabolism, that is to say the number of calories burned at rest. the protein breakfast participates therefore to weight loss! “
The ideal breakfast to lose weight according to Raphaël Gruman consists of 2 eggs (” in the form you want “) + 1 slice of ham (” no need to take light “) + 1 piece of cheese (” rather hard paste because it is to be consumed without bread “) + 1 hot drink without sugar.
Some slimming breakfast ideas:
- 2 soft-boiled eggs + 1 roll of turkey ham + 1 piece of Emmental + 1 coffee,
- 2 fried eggs + 1 slice of chicken breast + 1 piece of Comté + 1 green tea,
- 2 omelet eggs + 1 nice pinch of Gruyère + 1 slice of crumbled ham + 1 infusion,
- 2 soft-boiled eggs + 1 ham chiffonade + 1 piece of morbier + 1 bowl of hot milk.
“ For the detox side, I advise you to start your breakfast with a glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach … but not everyone likes it! ” Adds the specialist.
I don’t want to gain weight: what light breakfast for me?
You don’t particularly want to lose weight but still want to stay in shape? This time, the dietitian-nutritionist recommends a protein breakfast … a pleasure version!
” For a balanced breakfast but not specifically focused on” weight loss “, we will add a portion of carbohydrates to the detriment of a portion of protein, explains Raphaël Gruman. We obtain a satisfying and anti-snacking breakfast (thanks protein) but also greedy and anti-frustration (thanks to carbohydrates). “
The ideal breakfast to keep the figure according to Raphaël Gruman consists of 2 slices of bread (whole or with cereals, about 50 grams) + 1 portion of protein (30 to 40 grams or 1 egg or 1 piece of cheese or 1 slice of ham) + 1 portion of fruit (150 grams) + 1 hot drink without sugar.
Some light breakfast ideas:
- 2 slices of bread with cereals cut into “mouillettes” + 1 boiled egg + 2 clementines + 1 coffee,
- 2 toasts of wholemeal bread + 1 cream cheese to spread + 1 pear in strips + 1 green tea,
- 2 small grain breads + 1 roll of ham + 1 peach compote without added sugar + 1 infusion,
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread + 1 scrambled egg + 1 bunch of grapes + 1 cup of tea.
” You can start your breakfast with a glass of lemon juice on an empty stomach for the detox effect ” adds the specialist. Why not !
Slimming breakfast: 5 traps to avoid
- To lose weight or (simply) to keep the figure, we will avoid foods that are too sweet for breakfast: ” I do not recommend white bread, white bread and brioche bread which are both too sweet (they promote fat storage) and too low in fiber (therefore low in satiety) “explains Raphaël Gruman.
- What about the (traditional) toast of buttered bread? ” From a nutritional point of view, it is interesting … but it does not” hold “in the long term, says the specialist. If you want to avoid snacking before lunch, better to go on a protein basis. “
- Beware of “slimming false friends”! ” A fruit juice (even squeezed by hand and without added sugar) remains much too sweet: in a glass, you will have the equivalent of the sugar of 3 oranges … without the fibers, therefore without the satiety . really want fruit in the morning, opt for fresh fruit instead! “
- Hyper-trends on Instagram, protein powders are not recommended by the dietitian-nutritionist: ” they are difficult to dose, often expensive and do not provide the same benefits as” natural “proteins: I prefer to recommend a slice of ham , a piece of cheese, an egg, a yogurt … It’s healthier. “
- One last tip? ” Once a week, you can give yourself a ‘pleasure’ breakfast with bread, jam, honey , cereals … Being on a diet should not become synonymous with punishment. ” Message received!